This module was designed and written with you in mind. It is here to help you master the nature of Earth and Life Science. The scope of this module permits it to be used in many different learning situations. The language used recognizes the diverse vocabulary level of students. The lessons are arranged to follow the standard sequence of the course. But the order in which you read them can be changed to correspond with the textbook you are now using.
The module covers:
- Lesson 1 – The Earth’s Internal Heat
After going through this module, you are expected to:
1. Describe the parts and function of Earth’s interior.
2. Describe where the Earth’s internal heat comes from.
3. Identify the sources of Earth’s internal heat; namely, radiogenic heat and primordial heat.
4. Describe the processes of heat transfer in Earth’s mantle.ELS_Q1_Module-6_The-Earth_s-Internal-Heat