This Self-Learning Module (SLM) is prepared so that you, our dear learners, can continue your studies and learn while at home. Activities, questions, directions, exercises, and discussions are carefully stated for you to understand each lesson.
Please use this module with care. Do not put unnecessary marks on any part of this SLM. Use a separate sheet of paper in answering the exercises and tests. And read the instructions carefully before performing each task.
This module was designed and written with you in mind. It is here to help you master the Disaster Readiness and Risk Reduction. The scope of this module permits it to be used in many different learning situations. The language used recognizes the diverse vocabulary level of students. The lessons are arranged to follow the standard sequence of the course. But the order in which you read them can be changed to correspond with the textbook you are now using.
The Module is intended to equip you with knowledge concerning “Signs of impending hydrometeorological hazards; typhoon, thunderstorm, flashflood, flood, storm surge, El Niño and La Niña”.
After going through this module, you are expected to:
1. Define hydro-meteorological hazards;
2. Identify different hydro-meteorological hazards;
3. Recognize the signs of impending hydro-meteorological hazards.
4. Improve creativity through brochure making about signs of hydrometeorological hazards.
5. Value and apply the learned knowledge about hydrometeorological hazards.