DepEd Guidelines on Request and Transfer of Form 137 & Form 138

June 30, 2016

DepEd Order No. 54, s. 2016



Assistant Secretaries
Bureau and Service Directors
Regional Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public Elementary and Secondary Schools Heads
All Others Concerned

1. The Department of Education (DepEd) issues the enclosed Guidelines on the Transfer of Learners’ School Records, which establishes standard processes and protocols on the request, and release of learners’ Form 137 (Permanent Record) and Form 138 (Report Card) in all public schools nationwide.

2. This policy aims to ensure the smooth and efficient requesting and releasing of learners’ school records without inconveniencing the learners and parents.

3. All DepEd Orders and other related issuances, rules and regulations, and provisions, which are inconsistent with this policy, are hereby repealed, rescinded, or modified accordingly.



I. Rationale

There are two basic school records that show the learner’s profile and academic and extra-curricular standings: Form 137, known as the Permanent Record, which contains the learner’s profile and historical academic record, and Form 138 or the Report Card which shows the academic performance of a learner in a given school year. DepEd Order No. 8, s. 2015, the Classroom Assessment Policy, provided the guidelines on the information to be included in Forms 137 and 138.

Form 138 is issued to Grades 1 to 10 learners every end of the grading period while Grades 11 to 12 will receive it every end semester. At the end of the school year, Form 138 is a required document for a learner enrolling to the next grade level as it also indicates the learner’s promotional status. On the other hand, school authorities request for the release of Form 137 of Grades 1 to 12 learners who transfer to another school or transition from elementary to secondary.

In the absence of definitive protocols, the process of requesting and releasing of official school records of learners varies per school. This policy shall establish the processes to be adopted by the school in managing the learner’s school documents when learners enroll, transfer schools, and request pertinent documents for other relevant purposes.

II. Scope of the Policy

This Order aims to establish standard processes and protocols in the request and release of learners’ Form 137 (Permanent Record) and Form 138 (Report Card) in all schools and Schools Division Offices (SDOs) nationwide.

III. Definition of Terms

  1. Form 137 (Permanent Record) – permanent school learner record showing the historical academic and co-curricular record of the learner
  2. Form 138 (Report Card) – document showing the academic performance of a learner in a given school year
  3. Receiving School – the school requesting for the permanent records of a transferring learner
  4. Originating School – the school releasing the permanent records of a transferring learner

IV. Policy Statement

The Department hereby establishes the standard processes and protocols in requesting and releasing of learner’s school records. This mechanism adheres to the DepEd’s vision, mission and core values and subscribes to the principles of:

a. Free, quality basic education;

b. Transparency and accountability;

c. Accessibility and timely release of learners’ school records; and

d. Security and confidentiality of learners’ records.

Guidelines on Learner’s School Records

This policy outlines the standard protocols in the transfer of learners’ school records. This policy details the processes in requesting the permanent school records (Form 137) for an efficient transfer of documents without inconveniencing the parents or the learners.

To ensure the efficient release and transfer of learners’ school records, the following shall be observed:

a. The transfer of records of learners must be made easy and quick without encumbering the learners and parents. However, this should not compromise the confidentiality and security of school records.

b. Receiving schools shall secure all Permanent Records (Form 137) of all incoming learners before the end of first grading period. For transferred-in learners during the school year, transfer of documents shall be secured thirty days (30) from the first day of school attendance.

c. Learners and/or their parents or guardian are not allowed to hand-carry the Permanent Records (Form 137) to the receiving school.

d. In case of unavailability of Form 137 due to circumstances beyond our control, the Report on Promotions (School Form 5) can be used as substitute, which is available at the Schools Division Office (SDO).

e. The Learner Information System (LIS) shall be used as platform in the request and release of learner school records; hence the transaction shall strictly be between the receiving and originating schools only.

The following procedures must be followed to facilitate the request and release process:

A. School-to-School Transfer of Form 137

The bulk of transactions on transfer of learner’s school record normally happen during enrolment period and after the opening of classes. To facilitate the smooth and quick transfer of records, the flowchart below describes the process of request and release of learners’ Form 137between the receiving school and originating school;

DepEd Transfer of Permanent Record Form 137
DepEd Transfer of Permanent Record Form 137

a. The receiving school should enroll all its learners through the LIS. The correct learner record with the corresponding Learner Reference Number (LRN) will be provided upon enrolment in the LIS.

b. The historical record of the learner will show that the learner is a transferee from another school. The system will notify the originating school of the request for records of the transferee through the dashboard. The receiving schools’ address and contact details will also be provided to the originating school.

c. The registrar of the originating school shall prepare the requested Form 137 and send the records via mail or courier. The originating school shall update the LIS with the date when the document has been sent.

d. The receiving school shall update the LIS with the date when the document has been received.

e. If a month passed after the LIS notification has been made, no document is received, the receiving school shall click “follow up maturing request” to alert the originating school.

f. If no document is received after the first grading period, the receiving school shall immediately inform the SGOD for appropriate action.

g. For learners transferring-out in the middle of the school year, the receiving school shall update the LIS which will notify the originating school for the transfer of records. If thirty (30) days have passed after the LIS notification has been made and no document has been received, the receiving school shall immediately inform the SGOD for appropriate action.

B. Request for Form 137 and Other School Documents

In cases where the requesting party needs his/her Form 137 and other school documents for other purposes such as but not limited to transfer to a school in another country or application for a scholarship, the flowchart below shows the basic steps in requesting, preparing, and releasing of the requested learner records or certification, whichever is applicable:

DepEd Request for Permanent Record

a. This transaction allows the requesting party to lodge the request for Form 137 or certificate of completion or non-completion to the nearest SDO to their current address.

b. The SDO, through the SGOD where the request was lodged, shall enter in the LIS the details of learner whose record is being requested. The requesting party can provide his/her LRN or the name of the last school the requesting party attended.

c. The SDO of requesting party’s last school shall automatically be notified regarding the request They shall obtain the Form 137 from the school last attended or prepare the Certificate of Completion or Non-completion based on the School Form 5 records in the SDO and sends the requested document to the SDO where the request was lodged.

d. The requesting party shall claim the document from the SDO where the request was lodged.

VI. Other Provisions

In relation to the release and issuance of Forms 138 and 137, this policy shall also reiterate the provision under DepEd Order No. 41, s. 2012 stating that “in no case shall non-payment of voluntary school contributions on membership fees be made a basis for non-admission, non-promotion, or non-issuance of clearance to a student by the school concerned.”

The incurred cost of requesting, processing, and releasing of learner school records shall be charged against the SDO MOOE for transactions under B.2 or school funds, such as school MOOE, canteen funds, PTA, alumni funds, and other sources subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations.

Any school or SDO which failed to immediately act on the request upon receipt within the prescribed duration shall be dealt with accordingly.

VII. Monitoring & Evaluation

Strict compliance of this policy shall be monitored by the school head. Monitoring of the requests lodged through the SDO shall be monitored by the SGOD.

In the regional level, the Field Technical Assistance Division (FTAD) will monitor the compliance of schools and divisions with this policy. The School Effectiveness Division (SED) at the Central Office will evaluate the quality of the service provided. Subsequent review and revision of this policy will be conducted with the Policy Research and Development Division (PRD-PS), if necessary.

VIII. References

  • DepEd Order No. 8, s. 2015
  • DepEd Order No. 1, s. 2015
  • DepEd Order No. 65, s. 2010

IX. Effectivity

This policy shall remain in force and effect, unless sooner repealed, amended, or rescinded.

Can't Find What You'RE Looking For?

We are here to help - please use the search box below.

30 thoughts on “DepEd Guidelines on Request and Transfer of Form 137 & Form 138”

  1. How po makukuha ang form 137, nasunog po kasi ung school ko nung secondary level. E kelangan ko po un para makuha ko ung credential ko from college. Ano po dapat kong gawin. Hope to hear from you soon.

  2. I am currently in Japan and would like to study again and take advantage of the scholarship that is being offered by the government for foreign workers residing in Japan. I am required to submit form 137, unfortunately the school I graduated from in High school has already closed and no way I can get in touch with them. I hope you can help me. Thank you so much.

  3. Hi good day ma’am /sir.
    How to get my form 137?
    I want to continue my study in high school.
    Im looking forward to hearing from you soon.
    Thank you.

  4. Paano po if naka hold ang form 137 ng bata kc ang nnay ay may utang sa adviser nung grade 6. I am now the grade 7 adviser of the student.

  5. Paano po kumuha NG 137 po kailangan ko talaga po ehhh kahit print lang po plssss????????????????????????????

  6. Good day! Gusto ko po Sana magrequest ng form 137 since pandemic po mahirap magtravel. Need ko po kasi Para magrequest ko for tor nung nag college po ako. Need for job po.

  7. Good day!
    Paano po kung ang school nagsara na po… wala nman po kaming balance sa school kailangan lang po namin makakuha ng form 137… wala nman po nasagot sa mga na message ko na number….

  8. Hello,

    How am I going to request Form 137 to continue my studies in other country. My school in college got my first one and I didn’t finish college in the Philippines and the school where I would like to attend would like to evaluate my Form 137 (High School). I tried to contact my HS unfortunately it’s already been closed and was sold to another school, I believe. That’s why I would rather go straight to DepEd to get my form.

    Please tell me how. The DepEd website doesn’t really have explicit info or I just didn’t see it. If ever there’s a fee how much would it be?

    Looking forward to hear from you.

  9. Piano po any gagawin kung Hindi po ma ibigay ng school ung firm 137 ng bata pls po paki sagot halos 3 yes na po kc namin into kinukuha wla po toga silang ma ibigay.. Ngaun NASA grade 7 na ung bata at kailangan na kailangan na.

  10. Anu po ang gagawin kung Hindi po ma ibigay ng schooll ang form 137 ng bata halos 3yrs napo naming yn hinihingi wla po silang ma ibigay Hindi po naming alam bakit may paraan pa po ba ma kuha any form at ung schooll po kc mukhang slang akyon. Ang lagi lang nilang sabot ay na wash out DW ng bomagyo. Need pa nilang papuntahan any mga having gyro ng bata paralang DW magkaroon sya ng grade NASA grade 7:na po ngaun ang bata at wla padin ung form nya

  11. Ask kopo paano kung during college 1st sem nagdrop napo ang student then ung credentials nya is andun pdin sa univ then may balance din pero di na nya natapos attendan ung by pre final palang drop out na sya need padin poba bayaran ung paaralan kht hndi nmn na need ung record nya dun kundi ung form137 good moral lang? Pareply po wait for your response sana po may reply kayo need po talaga para sa pagpasok aa new school, salamat

  12. Panu po ako makakakuha ng form 138 since 1999 pa po din nag palit na po ung name ng school namin.
    Need ko lng dn po makuha ung form 138.

  13. How can I get a form 137 po kasi sa school na pinagpasahan ko is ang sabi po sakin wala daw po akong naipasa pero alam ko naman pong nakapagpasa ako nun pano po ako makakakuha ng copy ng form 137

  14. Puede po ba makakuha ng pangalawang pagkakataon ng form 137 and 138 pati honorable dismissal kasi naka pag enroll ako college tapos di ko natapos due to of PANDEMIC tapos nag apply ako ng scholarship sa ibang school gamit ang id ko sa senior high ko at natanggap ako…now ang problema ko ay di na me makakuha sa senior high records ko dahil nasa previous college po ang mga ito…puede po ba me makakuha ng pang pangalawang beses….salamat

  15. Ask ko lang po. Paano po mag request ng copy ng school records ng Mother ko sa kanyang primary school. Nagpunta kami sa school nila sa Province. Sabi wala na daw sila record kasi nabagyo noon, nasira ang school kasama ung mga files, sa Deped nalang daw po humingi ng copy, way back 1978 po siya pumasok doon sa school niya.
    Thank you po.

  16. Hello po. May bayad ba talaga ang pag kuha ng form 137 500 daw po bayad don ayaw i-release ng dating school ng anak ko ang form 137 nya kasi need pa daw pong bayaran yon na 500. Sana masagot po

  17. We haven’t gotten any comments on the new design. I’d appreciate your comments on this issue. We’ve received positive comments from many of our readers. She couldn’t be reached for comment. Open the Facebook app on your phone. Head to the post where you want to control comments. Tap on the three-dot menu on the top-right of the post and select the “Who can comment on your post?” option. Now, you can select Public, Friends, or Profile and Pages that you mentioned

  18. Hello ma’am sir mag request po sana ako ng form 137 ko need ko po kc sa inaapplyan ko abroad papano po ba mag request thank you and God bless



Leave a Comment