The Anniversary Bonus (AB) is granted to government officials and employees on the occasion of the milestone years of the agency where they are employed. Milestone year is defined as the 15th anniversary of the government agency and every fifth year thereafter.
November 6, 2018
DepEd Order No. 047, s. 2018
TABLE OF CONTENTS
GUIDELINES ON THE GRANT OF ANNIVERSARY BONUS
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public Elementary and Secondary School Heads
All Others Concerned
1. The Department of Education (DepEd) issues the enclosed Guidelines on the Grant of Anniversary Bonus for Fiscal Year (FY) 2018 pursuant to the provision of Administrative Order No. 263 dated March 28, 1996 entitled Authorizing the Grant of Anniversary Bonus to Officials and Employees of Government Entities, and the Department of Budget and Management’s (DBM’s) National Budget Circular (NBC) No. 452, dated May 20, 1996 entitled Amplifying and Clarifying the Implementation of the Grant of Anniversary Bonus to Officials and Employees of Government Entities.
2. The Anniversary Bonus (AB) is granted to government officials and employees on the occasion of the milestone years of the agency where they are employed. Milestone year is defined as the 15th anniversary of the government agency and every fifth year thereafter.
3. Based on the records of the National Historical Commission of the Philippines (NHCP), as communicated to DepEd by its Chair Dr. Rene R. Escalante in a letter dated December 27, 2017:
“The modern public education system in the Philippines traces its origins from the Royal Decree promulgated by Queen Isabella II of Spain (through the Ministro de Ultramar, Don Jose de la Concha) on December 20, 1863. Said decree provided for the creation of a Comision Superior de Instruction Primaria, a body co-chaired by the Governor- General and the Archbishop of Manila, which exercised administrative oversight over basic education schools across the entire Philippine archipelago. It was later superseded in June 23, 1898 by the Bureau of Education during the short-lived First Philippine Republic, then by the Department of Public Instruction during the American Colonial Period, which was established by virtue of Act No.
74 of the United States Philippine Commission on January 21, 1901.”
4. Of the said dates, Administrative Order No. 322 issued by former President Fidel V. Ramos on March 20, 1997 identified June 23, 1898 as the founding date of DepEd. This serves as basis for determining the milestone year of the Department for the purpose of granting AB to its officials and employees.
5. Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES
(Enclosure to DepEd Order No. 047, s. 2018)
GUIDELINES ON THE GRANT OF ANNIVERSARY BONUS
A. LEGAL BASES
1. Administrative Order No. 263, dated March 28, 1996, Authorizing the Grant of Anniversary Bonus to Officials and Employees of Government Entities, and Department of Budget and Management’s (DBM’s) National Budget Circular (NBC) No. 452, dated May 20, 1996, Amplifying and Clarifying the Implementation of the Grant of Anniversary Bonus to Officials and Employees of Government Entities, state that government entities are authorized to celebrate and commemorate anniversaries with the traditional grant of Anniversary Bonus (AB) to their officials and employees, that is, starting from the fifteenth (15th) anniversary of the government agency and every fifth (5th) year thereafter, and Administrative Order No. 322 dated March 20, 1997, Authorizing Certain Government Agencies to Undertake Activities in Preparation for their Centennial Anniversary Celebrations in 1997, 1998 and 1999.
1. All DepEd personnel who are employed on a full-time or regular, part-time basis or under permanent, temporary or casual status, and contractual personnel whose employment is in the nature of a regular employee, and whose salaries/wages are being charged against the budgetary allocation for Personnel Services, and have rendered at least one (1) year of service as of the date of the milestone year are eligible to the grant of the AB.
1. The officials and employees who fall under the following circumstances are not covered by the grant of AB:
a. Those who are on absence without leave (AWOL) as of June 23 of the milestone year for which the AB is being paid;
b. Those who are no longer in the service as of June 23 of the milestone year;
c. Officials and employees who are found guilty of any offense in connection with their work during the 5-year interval between milestone years; and
d. Consultants, Contracts of Service, Job Orders, and others similarly situated.
D. RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. The payment of the AB to the officials and employees of DepEd shall be in the amount not exceeding PhP3,000 per personnel provided that the employee has rendered at least one (1) year of service in the Department as of June 23 of the milestone year.
2. The grant of AB shall be given to qualified officials and employees not earlier than June 23 of the milestone year.
3. Any employee may receive AB only once every five years, regardless of transfers from one government agency to another.
E. FUNDING SOURCE AND RELEASE OF FUNDS
1. The budget allocation for the payment of the AB is lodged in the DepEd-Central Office under the Administration of Personnel Benefits as authorized in the General Appropriations Act (GAA) of Fiscal Year 2018.
2. The Budget Division, Finance Service (FS) – Budget and Performance Monitoring (BPM), shall facilitate the release of funds to the respective Regional Offices (ROs) thru the issuance of Sub-Allotment Release Orders (Sub-AROs) for the prompt payment of the AB to qualified DepEd officials and employees.
3. The ROs are responsible for the submission of requests to the DBM Office concerned for the issuance of Notice of Cash Allocations (NCAs) to cover the cash requirement of the Sub-AROs issued by the Budget Division, FS-BPM.
4. Though the funds will already be released by the Budget Division, FS-BPM to the respective ROs thru the issuance of Sub-AROs, the ROs are still required to submit to the Budget Division, FS-BPM on or before November 9, 2018 the consolidated estimated funding the Region needs to cover the payment of the AB to its officials and employees at PhP3,000.00 per employee, using the attached sample format labeled as Annex “A”.
5. In the event that the funds released for payment of the AB are insufficient, the deficiency may be charged against current year’s savings from released allotment for Personnel Services pursuant to Item 4.7 of NBC No. 573, Guidelines on the Release of Funds for FY 2018. A Report on the Payment of Anniversary Bonus shall immediately be submitted to the Budget Division, FS-BPM which shall also reflect any further deficiency after using PS savings, format labeled as Annex “B” is enclosed.
LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES