Welcome to the Session Guides of this Module entitled Why Do I Need to Believe in Science? under Learning Strand 2 Scientific and Critical Thinking Skills of the ALS K to 12 Basic Education Curriculum (BEC).
This module was collaboratively designed, developed, and reviewed by select DepEd field officials and teachers from formal school and ALS, and private institutions to assist,in helping the ALS learners meet the standards set by the ALS K to 12 Basic Education Curriculum (BEC) while overcoming their personal, social, and economic
constraints in attending ALS learning interventions.
This learning resource hopes to engage the learners in guided and independent learning activities at their own pace and time. Furthermore, this also aims to help learners acquire the needed 21st century skills while taking into consideration their needs and circumstances.
As an ALS Teacher/Instructional Manager/Learning Facilitator, you are expected to orient the learners on how to use this module. You also need to keep track of the learners’ progress while allowing them to managentheir learning. Moreover, you are expected to encourage and assist the learners as they do the tasks included in the module.
Session Guide No.1
1. Generate business ideas from the following:
· one’s PECs and career interests;
· product innovation from trends and emerging needs,
· other methods (e.g. benchmarking, SWOT analysis, serendipity walk).
2. Identify what is of value to the customer.
Session Guide No.2
1. Identify opportunities and barriers in order to improve productivity in business.
2. Identify potential customers and ways to maximize customer or client satisfaction.
Session Guide No.3
1. Identify, select, and use appropriate technology to improve productivity, efficiency, and quality.